Uzès, in the immediate vicinity of Nîmes & Avignon (Gard / Languedoc-Roussillon)
Our holiday house can be found in Garrigues Sainte Eulalie, near the gorgeous art city of Uzès and not far from Nîmes qnd Avignon, in the midst of colorful sunflower fields and grand vineyards. Please find some of the local attractions on the column on the bottom of this page. Just about all information is available both through us and at the site itself!
Points of interest in the region:
- Aigues-Mortes: heavily fortified medieval city, with intact city gates and towers
- Avignon: where one can find the bridge made famous in the song, as well as the Palace of the Popes
- La Bambouseraie de Prafrance: exotic bamboo garden
- Les Camargues: unique salt-gathering area where bulls are being bred in large numbers
- Les Cascades de Sautadet: wild currents, warm water sources and waterfalls
- Les Cevennes: national parc situated in a French mountain range
- L’étang de Thau: daily-fresh oysters and mussles!
- Les Gorges du Gardon: explore this impressive fissure by canoe or boat
- La Grande Motte & Sainte Marie de la Mer: holiday cities with cozy terraces, live music, sandy beaches and a crystal-clear sea
- Nîmes: ancient city known for its colosseum, great squares, romantic fountains and much more!
- Pont du Gard: this bridge can be found on the Unesco World Heritage list
- Uzès: this famous French art city is known for its beautiful Place aux Herbes, impressive mansions, cozy streets and medieval gardens
A great many sports and other adventurous activities can be experienced in the region, such as canoeing, kayaking, horseback riding, mountain biking, catamaran tours, tennis, carting, trail hiking, petanque, etc.